Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dangerous beauty...



I'm watching a 16th century film about a women who is torn away from the person she loves because he's marriage was determined by family affairs. To support her family, she becomes a courtesan. Later they reunite but he already married someone else. Of course they had an affair. Then later, she was accused of witchcraft and the rest was predictable...

Back in the days, lovers were kept apart because marriage wasn't a freedom of choice. That didn't stop them from loving each other fiercely; even when they are thousands of miles apart or never seeing each other again. Today, love is a freedom, but no one loves anymore; I guess the many choices we have are confusing us. Is love more sacred when it's forbidden? I know personally I am mortified by my parent's constant nagging about finding someone. It turns me off that they are so desperate and eager... they don't understand that it can't just be anyone... I want someone I truly fall for over time; time can take you beyond lust. Finding a companion or a warm body isn't important to me. I'm happy by myself.

No comments: